In today’s recipe I will show you how to make Guinness Beer-Brined Corned Beef Brisket. St. Patty’s day is right around the corner and of course that screams “corned beef”.
This recipe is a little different that others you may find as we are using Guinness Stout beer as the brine, then smoking on a kamado-style (Gourmet Guru) grill.
• 2 quarts ice
• 1/2 cup brown sugar
• 1 cup kosher salt
• 1.8 – 2 oz pickling spice
• 3 teaspoons minced garlic
• 3 bottles (36 oz) Guinness Stout beer
• 1 onion, sliced
• 1 teaspoon curing salt per 5 lbs of brisket. I used Bolner’s Fiesta brand. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for the brand you use.
Brisket & Other Ingrdients
• 6-7 lb brisket flat
• Brisket rub as needed; I used Runnin’ Wild brisket rub, more info here: https://www.armadillopepper.com/products/runnin-wild-brisket-rub. Use your favorite brisket seasoning.
• 2 oz apple juice
1. Mix all the brine ingredients in a large pot. Heat over medium heat until the sugar and salt are dissolved.
2. Remove from the brine from the heat and add the ice to the mixture.
3. After the mixture is cool add the brisket, cover and place in the refrigerator.
4. Brine the brisket for 4 to 7 days. Stir the brine once a day and turn the brisket.
5. On the day of the cook, remove the brisket from the brine. Run under cold water to remove any excess salt and then dry with paper towels.
6. Season the brisket with the Runnin’ Wild brisket rub.
7. Cook the brisket over indirect heat. Heat the Gourmet Guru Grill to 225 degrees F. Add some mesquite chunks. Add the plate setter. If you are using a kettle grill, set it up for 2 zone and place the brisket on the indirect heating side.
8. When the brisket reaches 165 to 170 degrees F, remove from the Gourmet Guru Grill. Place in foil with 2 ounces of apple juice. Seal the foil around the brisket.
9. Place the brisket back on the grill and continue cooking until it reaches 203 degrees F.
10. Let rest for 30 minutes and serve.
Gourmet Guru Grill provided courtesy of Gourmet Guru Grills. Any opinions about the grill are my own.
Gourmet Guru Grill
Gourmet Guru Grills
Armadillo Pepper Hot Sauce, BBQ Sauce, Jerky & Snack Store
Please watch: “GIVEAWAY & Sweet Tea Brined Chicken Quarters with Alabama White Sauce | Masterbuilt Smoker”
Guinness Beer-Brined Smoked Corned Beef Recipe for St. Patrick’s Day | Gourmet Guru Grill video 09:53